The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why won't 2880 switch back to photo black?

durrIII

I switched black inks to print on some matte paper and then switched back to photo black. Now it still offers just the matte papers in the profile options.
I have tried all that i know to do. the printer shows that photo black is back, but PS4 does not recognize this. What next? thanks

durrIII

Hi Jack,
Under media type it will only show matte papers. The 2880 is showing that photo black was reinstalled. What should I do? thank

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a screenshot of your CS print dialog with the Epson settings screen open? It should look something like this, and here is where the ink and or media choices probably need to be reset to "photo black" :

durrIII

Jack, I somehow got it to show up. I hope I have not screwed anything else up. Under color settings, I have been using No color mgt. Should I be using EPSON Standard sRGB?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
In the main CS dialog, you want Photoshop to manage color and then also select the paper profile for your printer and whichever rendering intent you prefer (I usually use RC). Then in the Epson dialog (second screen), switch all CM to OFF. Once you have all of this selected for a particular paper, you can save it up under where it says "Presets" in the Epson dialog using a name that is descriptive, like, "Epson Prem Luster PK"