The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson 7880...or Canon ipf6100

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I'm looking to buy a Epson 7880 for the IQ and I want a 24" printer ( my finger has not yet hit the buy button) but I now have a Canon ipf5000 and Canon has been an excellent company to deal with and I'm torn that maybe I should go with the ipf6100 because of the customer service alone....... What say ye..........I will not change blacks, I use H pearl and H AL glossy 95% of the time so thats not an issue. I buy all my stuff a Camera West..Sean is great to deal with but he said it was a toss up... 6100 was faster.

Last edited:

dseelig

At the luminous landscape Michael who tested all 3 including the hp z3100 concluded the canon was the worst of the 3.
Epson was best but no ink swapping. Matte or glossy papers only. I got the hp very happy so far. David PS I had the epson 7600 . If you can wit till fall epson might have new printers.