The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Suddenly, images won't center on the paper on 3800

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
A new wrinkle. Things have been printing without a hitch and now, suddenly, I can't seem to get an image to print in the center of the paper regardless of size paper used. This on a MAC running 10.6.3. In most instances, the image is actually printing off the edge so I'm not even getting the entire image. Neither printing from PS4 directly or through the ColorBurst RIP seem to make a difference. Downloaded the latest driver from Epson and still no fix.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Tim

Lisa

Maybe the problem is OS related? I use CS4 on a Windows box, and my 3800 prints have been properly centered from day one. Was there maybe an update to the OS just before the problem started? That could explain why multiple applications all have the same problem. Just a thought, something to check...

Lisa

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lisa. I did look into that but haven't found any google-able info that helps. I think there was a software update, albeit a minor one. I've made some progress though, I was able to get an image centered on an 8.5x11 sheet. Now have to try it larger and see what happens.

Tim

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Tim - check this setting:
File > Print . . .
Page Setup . . .
in the Page Setup Dialog box - Format For: Make sure Epson Stylus Pro 3800 is selected (not any printer)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks! I'll give that another look since it's easy to blow right by it when you're frustrated.