The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

4800 Dmax

X

xmishx

My 4800 isn't giving me the full range prints that I used to get earlier in the year. I have quite a few carts that are low in ink, and a few that have had the expiration date go by. I was told on another list that I should pull the carts, give them a shake to move the pigments around, reinsert and run the printer for awhile. This sounds to be good advice, but does anyone have any idea how many 8x5 x 11 prints I'd need to run to get the newly shaken ink thru the lines to the head? Any other possible solutions anyone can think of?

Thanks,

Ted
--
www.mishimaphotography.com

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
No idea on how many prints you'd need to do to clear the lines, but the gentle shake is something I used to do with my 7600 when it had sat idle for a while.

X

xmishx

And Jack, this helped with the problem of dmax?

Thanks,

Ted

No idea on how many prints you'd need to do to clear the lines, but the gentle shake is something I used to do with my 7600 when it had sat idle for a while.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
And Jack, this helped with the problem of dmax?

Thanks,

Ted
It was a long time ago and I really don't recall anything specific about a DMax problem, but I know I agitated tanks every few months... Sorry I can't be of more help.