The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

colour cast printing from inDesign

jonoslack

HI there
Since doing our christmas cards last year, I've upgraded to CS5 of inDesign, and changed from an Epson 4000 to a 3880 (what a relief).

I don't use inDesign a great deal, mainly for:
1. creating Blurb books
2. printing cards

Never had a problem before, but when I print to the 3880 from inDesign, there is a nasty pink cast across the images (text seems okay). all the colour settings seem to be fine.

If I export from inDesign to a pdf file, then print the pdf file . . . then the colours are correct again, using the same saved profile for the Epson 3880.

This reinforces the idea that the colour settings within inDesign are correct, but is now causing me much confusion.

Any ideas anyone?

N.B. Printing from other applications including PS CS3 and Aperture are just fine.

Terry

Is it using a double profile where you have something set within InDesign and then the printer is applying a profile on top? Do you have the let InDesign manage color vs. printer manage color option?

jonoslack

Is it using a double profile where you have something set within InDesign and then the printer is applying a profile on top? Do you have the let InDesign manage color vs. printer manage color option?
HI Terry
Thanks for chipping in.
But no - the printer is set not to manage colour options (as it should be).

As far as I can see the profiles are all set properly. Nothing I seem to be able to change has an effect in inDesign - but identical printer settings produce a fine print from other programs - notably from a PDF file created from inDesign with the same settings?:confused:

M

mrcmrc

Hi Jono,
just curious, have you solved your problem? I'm asking because this kind of problem is happening to me...

Thanks!
- Marco.