The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fastest client delivery from 10 to 60GB?

JSK Rangefinder

we are looking for online storage with the fastest UPLOADING TIME to accommodate our clients delivering projects from 10GB up to 60GB on daily basis..

we tried YOU SEND IT and it's too slow.. we also tried MOZY Pro and unfortunately with the same slow results..

any ideas?

thank you

danielmoore

Your ISP has a cap on your upload speeds, do you know what that is? You can try speedtest.net or 2wire.com for example. Not sure what upload speeds are attainable these days but it's possible they're still maxed out around 10-20 Mbps, so the quantity of data your pushing is unlikely to happen in a day. I do hope someone proves me wrong though. For large files I use HFS+ and provide the end user a link to download their files, in other words, upload and download are simultaneous as opposed to waiting for a file to finish uploading until it can be fetched.

JSK Rangefinder

Your ISP has a cap on your upload speeds, do you know what that is? You can try speedtest.net or 2wire.com for example. Not sure what upload speeds are attainable these days but it's possible they're still maxed out around 10-20 Mbps, so the quantity of data your pushing is unlikely to happen in a day. I do hope someone proves me wrong though. For large files I use HFS+ and provide the end user a link to download their files, in other words, upload and download are simultaneous as opposed to waiting for a file to finish uploading until it can be fetched.
Thanks Daniel!

I checked with my ISP and they don't have a cap on my uploads.. we pay around 500$ for 4mbbs uploading speed. However, ISP guy said that the companies such as you send it etc. may put a cap on uploading speed so therefore I asked if you or anybody else is aware of top online storage company with no cap on uploading speed..

10mbps to 20mbps would be substantially faster than the current 4mbps that we have and it would be great but even then if the online storage companies put cap on our uploading speed we are stuck.. any ideas/links?

Our internet host company said that we can't use their server for FTP transfer 'cause its against their policy..

We never used HFS+.. I tried reading about it but all I could find is to download software for windows.. and we are on mac

ps: talking about how much more MEGA PIXELS do we need in our Cameras for optimal workflow :D

danielmoore

Comcast offers a 'powerboost' which I've read can hit around 20 MBps but only for a brief spell, not sustained. I'm as interested as you to hear how others handle it. HFS+ is so simple it's perhaps worth running within parallels. You could also look into Filezilla and try to set up a secure link to your server for client access. You'll definitely want to avoid services that require an upload and download be performed separately.

danielmoore

Also the cap I'm referring to is a speed cap not a Gb/mo. cap, which your ISP guy no doubt was thinking of, there's always a speed limit on upload/download.