The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Qimage Pro using Crossover?

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I just noticed that Qimage Pro seems to work fine with Crossover on OS X. Has anyone tried using it to print? Is the output as good as when running it from a VM? In terms of UI and UX it's a monstrosity, but I've had very good results from it in the past, and one can't argue with that. Is it worth the paper to give it a try? I'm in particular interested in printing files from my ZD back and M9, which LR3 can't upsize worth squat. I've used C1 Pro in the past, but it has no plugins and can't work with TIFFs, so I'm manually ladder stepping in PS right now... hence the idea of dusting off Qimage Pro. (I assume Qimage Pro can't just scale files but needs someplace to print them.)

Edit: of course, no sooner had I posted this than I found I can set it to Print To a file...

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Pyramid interpolation with the smoothness one or two notches up from the leftmost (smoothest) position does a really good job. Hybrid is horrible - looks like deinterlacing errors all over the image. Vector so-so. Lanczos not too different from Vector.

Unfortunately, none come even close to C1 Pro. Sigh.

raywest

Hi Jan,

Maybe you need to update your version of qimage pro. For not much money you could get the new actively updated qimage ultimate, or at least download the free trial. Ultimate has more upsizing choices (as did qi studio). It's a lot of bang for the buck:)

Best wishes,

Ray