The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Snow Leopard and PS CS5 printing

Jeffg53

I haven't done much printing for a while, and am wondering whether PS CS5 and Snow Leopard have sorted themselves out so that I can print accurately with them. I was using PS CS3 for print as I understand that it was OK and didn't have double profiling issues.

Can anyone advise where things are at?

Godfrey

I haven't done much printing for a while, and am wondering whether PS CS5 and Snow Leopard have sorted themselves out so that I can print accurately with them. I was using PS CS3 for print as I understand that it was OK and didn't have double profiling issues.

Can anyone advise where things are at?
Not having any problems printing with Lightroom 3.3 or PS CS4 on Snow Leopard 10.6.6 to Epson R2400. Can't answer about CS5 ... didn't buy it, don't need it.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Many of the "Snow Leopard" problems were initially an issue with Leopard. There are some legacy printers whose drivers still don't play well with the newer OS and newer apps. At this point I've printed to Epson 3800, 3880, 7900 and 11880 printers with no issues with CS5 and LR 3. (and have been for a long time).

Jeffg53

Great, thanks for the replies. I'm printing to a 3800 so it looks like the double profiling issues have gone away.

weinschela

Subscriber Member
I print to a Epson 3800 from CS5 / Snow Leopard (latest version) without a problem. There were some issues early on with drivers/print software but that has long ago been sorted out. Just use the latest drivers from Epson.

Anyone with Snow Leopard been able to print a profile target using Adobe Color Printer Utility? Since CS5 won't print with "No Color Management", this is supposedly the workaround. Except that when you open the target and hit "Print", nothing happens beyond the 3880 showing the ink levels, then nothing. No evidence of anything in the Print Log. Seem to have reached a dead end on this one.

Thanks,

RIck

Thanks, Joe.

I'll go to the Epson site and download their latest driver, see if that works. CS5, everything else are working fine.

Rick