The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson 7600 flush carts for K7

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
I'm looking at changing my 7600 over to neutral K7 and getting a 3800 for color printing. I'd use QuadTone RIP with the 7600K7.

The K7 flush carts are $480 though! But I see B&H sells a Lyson flush cart set for $189... any thoughts on whether this is okay for K7? I see no reason, right, I assume what's in the Lyson carts will act as a solvent for pretty much any ink, including K7, not as an emulsifier! :)

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Oh well, I ended up getting the Cone flush cart set... The Lyson one I spotted on B&H is gone now. Finally switching my 7600 over to K7! It looks like coming from MK and K7 is chipped as MK as well, I'll need to use a fill cycle for the flush, let it sit for a while (I'll probably just leave it overnight), and then fill it again with the K7.

Probably doesn't hurt to have a decent flush cart set around, in case the printer develops a severe clog...

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Just for anyone looking (which I kinda doubt :)) - the ink switch from MK worked just fine without breaking open the flush cart set. I'll see if I can return it. That's by printing test patterns from the Check menu and looking for discontinuities. Just a plain Ink Refill seem to do it. Now I need to get QuadTone set up and going - it needed a printer to fully install and I didn't want to try without K7 installed.

In case anyone sees this... :) The K7 inks are in 220ml carts, do any of you good folks know if the 9600's ink door fits on the 7600? I have a cover for the printer, so it's not a dust issue, it's just that the inks protrude a bit and look easy to bump.