The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hard Cover Photo book publisher?

gurtch

I have recently teamed with an interior designer. I made a series of interior photos, and the client wants a hard bound book. The images are 3/2 (35mm) format, 10" wide uncropped. I initally printed these on 8.5"x11"" paper, and want to keep this uncropped format in an 8.5"x11" book. Can anyone suggest a good company with "useable" software? I did down load from a vendor, and their software insists on full bleed 8.5"x11", and my photos are all cropped, sometimes leaving inportant features out. I realize there will be empty white page space to handle the 10"x6.7" images.
Thanks in advance
Dave Gurtcheff

Terry

Try Blurb. They just came out with a pro series of papers/endpages and cover linen.

You can use their booksmart software, upload from Lightroom, or create a template in InDesegn. Check out their sizes and see if it works for you.

Terry

Has Blurb upgraded their print quality since I tried them three years ago?
I don't know how long ago you've used them but I've seen a lot of good books from them. Best I can say is try with an inexpensive book or a proof copy of what you want.

D

devidmicheal

I made several hard cover Blurb and was happy with them. They have a very wide range of sizes of pages / cover haven't although I checked to see if your desired size is one. They certainly don't? They insists on full-page itself.