About 2 months ago I got inspired by a gallery that was showing prints hanging on a galvanized steel panel. Hanging something by cables wasn't ideal for my space and I was limited a bit by getting something in the elevator to my apartment. What we came up with was three steel panels side by side. The panels are about 46" x 60" making the full installation about 144" x 60". The big prints are on 17" x 22" paper. It was just installed earlier this week and my first batch of magnets arrived yesterday.
The Panels were grained and clear (satin finish) powder coated and look similar to what stainless steel appliances look like. I bought a bunch of rare earth magnets in various sizes to see what worked best.
So here is what I had on hand already printed...and I used up all the magnets I had on hand. But I am thrilled with the way it turned out and will have a lot of fun being able to change up the wall without having to do lots of framing.
See my post below with kudos to John and Luke Milich.
Next up: get the tools to trim down some paper edges.