The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Printing snafu

jlm

Workshop Member
epson 4880, imageprint. i've made about 20 prints so far without a hitch:
custom cut paper to 17 x 17, make a user paper size of 17x17 in imageprint, print my 15 x 15 images centered on the paper. has worked great.
today, i got an unexpected "wrong paper size" error several times at the printer. checked the paper guides, etc, seemed correct. reset the printer using the pause button for 3 sec. still seems to happen.
the PIA is that if the print job goes bust, the imageprint queue can't be easily cleared. What i have to do is disable the queue in imageprint and shut down and re-boot the computer. then start imageprint, open the queue, highlight the job to delete, right arrow to dump it, then re-enable the queue. (this is what Imageprint tech told me) then i can re-load an image and try again, hoping the wrong size paper error doesn't show up again.

what would be causing the paper error in the first place, all of a sudden? my paper is exactly sized and fitted in the guides perfectly

thanks

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I have the 3800 so this may not apply to you, but I find I have to check the paper feed selection every time to insure (in my case) that I'm selecting the rear manual feed tray. When I forget, it gives me a paper feed error message. Just a guess.