The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Favorite canvas for inkjet?

wolverine

I typically use ilford gold fibre silk for printing. I am thinking of trying canvas. Landscapes, floral macro, and portraits. What is your favorite and why? I use a canon 9500 mark II. Thanks in advance. Frank

Mr.Gale

I've been using the Breathing Color Lyve for several years and am very happy with it. I like the surface, it stretches nice and more importantly, it holds the shadow and highlight details. I am a landscape photographer and have used it with an Epson 7600, 9600 and now a 9900.

Gale

kdphotography

I like Breathing Color's Lyve Canvas. I use a custom generated icc profile that works very well. Exceptionally good quality canvas, fine tooth shows details very well. I like to use their Glamour II better than the Timeless and apply by hvlp. Timeless works best on fine art papers though.

ken

ftbt

I agree 100% with Mr. Gale and kdphotography. I am expecting a shipment of a roll on Monday. Lyve and my Canon 8300 produce some great prints!

schuster

What is your favorite and why?
I like Breathing Color Lyve and Canson Artist Canvas Water Resistant Matte. I use the Canson canvas (acid-free, no OBAs) for images that benefit from what appears to me as a finer weave than the Breathing Color canvas.

scho

I've been using Innova IFA-36 Ultra gloss canvas and it has performed well with my Canon 6100. I'm going to try a new product called Black Diamond AgX gloss metallic silver canvas.

Don Libby

Ken may be my brother from another mother however I've been using Epson canvas for several years with great results. I'm currently using Epson Exhibition Satin Canvas for my landscape and wildlife printing on my 9800. Don't forget about Glamour II to protect the image.

Don

Don Libby

Just remembered I wrote the above. A heck of a lot has changed in just 3-short weeks.

I've been completing a major print order for Jackson Hole and ran into nothing but problems with he Epson Exhibition being too think to get a consistant stretch. The image quality was great just sucked trying to stretch 50x30 and 60x30. I have since made the move to Breathing Color Lyve canvas and very glad I did.

Just wanted to offer this as an update

Don

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I like Breathing Color Lyve and Canson Artist Canvas Water Resistant Matte. I use the Canson canvas (acid-free, no OBAs) for images that benefit from what appears to me as a finer weave than the Breathing Color canvas.
Old thread but for those that stumble across it, Breathing Color Lyve also contains' no OBA's, and is amazingly white despite that. It is rated at +100 years, so very "archival".

Charles Wood

I'm now using Lyve and Glamour II. I print on an 8300. As someone else stated, shadow detail and highlights are excellent. Lyve stretches well even when creating pans as wide as 38" x 95".