The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

inside your epson 7900

delled

Sitting on the edge of my chair, waiting for his parts to arrive and some final results.

This is amazing, with lessons for all of us (not quite sure what they all are yet, however. :). )

Dave.

robertwright

I think the message is ymmv- I've had a total of 6 printers, 5 epson and one HP, and only one has been trouble free- the 3800 but I've read stories about 3800's too.

The HP is a z3100 that sad idle for about a year I'm guessing (altho powered on) and has revived itself and is currently working fine. But I could have imagined a scenario where it was doa or needed all new heads.

...which reminds me I need to print something, anything, just to keep the mojo..

PeterL

This is exactly the reason I did not want to enter the 7900 club. I've heard too many nightmare stories. I bought the Canon IPF6300 instead, no problems so far, and I often go weeks without printing (printer is on though).

I feel for this guy though....

Cheers, -Peter