The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson Ultrachrome K3 ink with Ultrachrome HDR ink

E

eazyrider

Does anyone know if I can use a model T5967 Ultrachrome K3 light black ink, in my brand new 9900 with HDR badged ink cartridges?? I accidently bought an Ultrachrome K3 350ml light black over the net :facesmack: and was wondering if it would be ok to run through my machine???? I consulted the Epson site to find the model for my machine and it says T5967 is the model number for light black ink for my 9900. Then I receive a K3 badged ink. Strange that the model numbers are the same??????

All the best.

kdphotography

Many of the inks are the same; the 9900 adds the additional orange and green inks. You shouldn't have any problems as long as the right cartridge is used (model number matches). T5967 is listed as the 350ml cartridge for both the 9890 and the 9900.

If it still troubles you, the Epson website will list under detailed specs for the latest printers (9890 and 9900) the compatible ink cartridge color/size/number for each printer respectively.

ken

E

eazyrider

Thanks Ken. Didn't want to wreck my new baby. Model # of cartridge matches, ie. T5967, so I will try it.