The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canson Baryta Surface question

trailshooter

Does Canson's Baryta come in two different finishes? The data sheet shows "Photo Gloss/Satin". Are they meaning it's a glossy satin? The box label says "Satin" so does that mean there's also a smooth gloss?

Rand47

As far as I know, and from my ongoing use of CBP, it is a satin finish paper and only available as "one finish."

Canson21

Gerry here - Quality Manager for Canson North America, I also provide the Technical Support for the Canson Infinity line. The Baryta is a museum grade photo paper that offers the look and feel of the original darkroom Baryta prints it is only available in one finish. Although the Photosatin Premium RC is also an alpha cellulous paper it is designed to have the look of the original Silver Halide prints. These are, however, two separate grades...

Rand47

Gerry here - Quality Manager for Canson North America, I also provide the Technical Support for the Canson Infinity line. The Baryta is a museum grade photo paper that offers the look and feel of the original darkroom Baryta prints it is only available in one finish. Although the Photosatin Premium RC is also an alpha cellulous paper it is designed to have the look of the original Silver Halide prints. These are, however, two separate grades...
Thanks for the authoritative response, Canson21.

How about some Canson Baryta Photographique in 17x25" sheets?
There are a bunch of us here who would buy it. The curl induced by using rolls is undesireable and I wouldn't mind paying the cost differential for having it nicely boxed. Red River has a new Baryta paper in 17x25, but I'd rather use Canson.