The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Strange problem with custom printer profiles

tjv

Hi again,
I've encountered a strange problem when using custom made printer profiles I've made with my Colormunki. When I print from Photoshop / Lightroom using the .icc profile (usually perceptual rendering intent and black point compensation ticked) and have my photograph centered on a page, the surrounding area of what should be blank, white paper is printed with a light (15% ish) cyan. This only happens with custom profiles but happens with all papers and printer combinations. I've been forced to add a white boarder by increasing the canvas area in Photoshop to ever image as then it leaves the paper white. Just to be clear, white tones in the actual print area are not affected, the stay clean.
Help!
TJV

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I think that may be caused by certain drivers when they are dealing with a type 4 icc profile.
Re-generate your profile as a type 2 and see if it still occurs but first be sure that you have the latest drivers and firmware installed. Jack and I had a similar sounding problem with our 7900s.
-bob

Last edited:

tjv

Thanks, Bob.
I'll give that a try. Didn't know there were options re types of profiles and a quick Google search told me how to change the spec in the preferences.
TJV