The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPF 6300 problem roll paper loading

GMB

I normally love this machine but now it is driving me nuts. I want to load a roll paper--about 2 meters left on my roll. I put it in the machine as per instructions; printer takes the roll paper forward than backward; printer asks what type of paper and I specify; takes it again forward then backward and bang the paper flips out of the paper trail... I tried it about 20 times today. Always the same story. I get an error message that the role is loose but it's as tight as I can get it. Drives me plain nuts.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks.

Georg

Charles Wood

I can't tell you why you're getting the error message but on my ipf8300 when I'm near the end of a roll, a meter or so left, it sometimes tells me to load a new roll that the roll is empty. When that happens I carefully pull the remaining paper from the roll, flip it around to the cut, straight edge, and reload as a sheet.