The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where's the Epson Driver Dialogue?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I'm way out of practice with my printer and feel like I'm starting all over again. I went to make some prints last night and discovered that I am unable to access the Epson driver dialogue I remember (see image below).

I've downloaded and installed the latest driver from Epson and installed the Pixel Genius profile for the Exhibition Fiber Paper, but that dialogue that lets you select output resolution and quality is nowhere to be found.

Anyone have any suggestions to get me back on track?

Thanks,
Tim

simonclivehughes

Tim,

I'm having the same problem with my R2400! I haven't used the printer for quite a bit and when I did go to use it, no Epson screens! I tried downloading the latest driver too, but I don't see the old Epson panel that had all the printer specific stuff such as the special B&W mode etc. Very frustrating!

I know I had it working before I upgraded to Leopard, but I really thought I'd used it since then too, but right now, it's most definitely not working. I even tried a reinstall from the original printer CD and then a driver upgrade... no joy.

Cheers,

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Well, it's nice to know I'm not nuts. Or that the gremlins haven't been using my Mac while I'm away. (Unless the gremlins are very well organized and more pervasive than I imagined.) Hopefully someone will have already tumbled onto this and can offer a solution.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
With a tip from a helpful Luminous Landscape member, I was able to get it back to familiar territory. In the print and fax system preference, I first deleted the 3800 and then added it back in. During the process, I made sure to select the correct driver and bingo! The printer features returned to normal.