The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any good printer ink supplier recommendations?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I just picked up a new (well, new to me - thanks Harry!) HP Z3200 and inevitably I'll soon need to get some ink cartridges for it.

Any good recommendations on trustworthy sources of genuine inks at great price/great service?

kdphotography

GrahamWelland

Thank you all. This is very helpful.

Shades of Paper may be getting my first bit of business with the D-Roller. I LOVE the Z3200 but curl is no fun especially on large prints.

:thumbs:

D&A

I've dealt with Atles.com, Inkjetart and Shades of Paper and all have been efficient, quick with good customer service. Prices on certain items can often be different between them with the occasional sales on items, so it's good to compare prior to purchasing.

Dave (D&A)

Mr.Gale

Thank you all. This is very helpful.

Shades of Paper may be getting my first bit of business with the D-Roller. I LOVE the Z3200 but curl is no fun especially on large prints.

:thumbs:
It is easy and cheap to make a device to flatten your prints. If you would like more info, let me know.

Mr.Gale

GrahamWelland

The do it yourself hints would be very welcome, thank you!

I've been reading a few concerns about the longevity of the D-Roller & rubber sticking (or not). I don't mind paying for quality but I HATE stuff that fails.

kdphotography

Graham, I made my own D-roller using an extra heavy duty 3" core (I think it was an extra core from a paper backdrop) which I cut into different lengths. I made a 24" model and a 44" model. I used Tyvek as a rolling substrate as I've found it is thin, pliable, somewhat "soft/gentle" and very strong. Works great and easily stored. No longevity problems whatsoever....

ken

oc garza

Atlex and they tend to run a bit less expensive than most. They are also pretty free with 5% discounts after a large order.