The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson 3880 Borderless Printing and Custom Sizes

Z

zaptrax

I have an Epson 3880 and have a printing question about custom sizes and borderless printing. The printer is capable of printing a borderless 17" x 22" print. Clearly the printer can print the full 17" width. I want to make a print that is 17" x 23" with no border. I was thinking of cutting a sheet 17" x 25" from a roll and trimming it to 23" after printing. Is it possible to get the Epson 3880 to print all the way to the edge of the 17" sheet at any other length other than 22"? Is so, how do I set this up?
I really don't think I can justify buying an $800 RIP. I've heard there are shareware RIPs but I haven't been able to find them.

Thanks

Professional

I will watch this thread because i have Epson 3800 the older model and would like to know how to print borderless of any length rather than 22", mostly thinking about 17"x25" one.

Z

zaptrax

So far the best suggestion is a RIP called PrintFab which you can download for a free 30 day trial. For Epson 17" printers it will be $300.

Z

zaptrax

The problem is that the printer will only print to the outer edge of a 17" sheet when the length is 22". When you change the length to something longer it will not print borderless.