The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

epson 9900 paper load error

jlm

Workshop Member
i'm getting this persistent error when attempting to load sheets manually:

set for sheet, paper load screen; drop in 8-1/2 x 11 sheet and it rests on the stop and right edge aligned; "hit Arrow Down" message, get "preparing, please wait" , shows the sheet image on the screen, head moves...

get "paper load error" msg "load paper properly, refer to manual"

hit paper release, paper drops out, hit paper release, goes back to start, etc.

haven't been manually printing for a while and was able to get it to load once today and print a couple of nozzle tests, but now it is in limbo

if at the load screen, i hot "OK", i get the option to select "roll, sheet A3, etc" and then i select Sheet, A3" and OK, it then goes into the Preparing...msg" and the catch 22 loop

tried a different sheet of paper (also epson luster) this time it grabbed the paper and fed it in, adjusted up and down, then the same "paper load error..." msg

re-tried and back to sq 1, wouldn't draw in the sheet anymore.

put in a pc of 50lb bond paper, loaded and printed fine

re-tried the epson luster, no good!

turned the same luster paper so it would print on the back side, worked fine

examined the luster paper, edges look perfect, no curl

????

thx

Last edited:

Mike Z

I may be mistaken but I thought A3 paper size was 13x19. I think you would have to specify "letter" or 8.5x11.
Hope this helps

I may have you the answer... I suspect you do nothing wrong on the printer but you have to correct things on PS... try to set the exact paper size in PS and then go into the Settings menu and choose sheet... So.. 1.load the paper and choose "sheet" on the plotter, 2. Leave the plotter on standby, (don't send anything from the computer) 3.Choose (after measuring them) the exact dimensions in PS printing menu, (this is under "manage custom size") 4.Go into PS printing menu "settings" and choose "sheet" and then, 5. Hit "print" in PS printing menu... I hope this helps.

kdphotography

Sometimes the new Epson Pro wide format printers are just cranky when it comes to loading sheets, especially smaller sizes. For the most part, I'm only (re)feeding sheets while printing with the B&W 9890 piezography printer. I've had some luck shutting down the printer and turning it back on; this may help convince the paper sensor to behave better. ;) Also try moving the media a hair over from the guidelines. Paper curl can be an issue also.

ken

bvalente

Jim I had the same issues with my 9900 - it seems to be finicky on certain types of media or perhaps certain individual pages.

I just retry with another page or another media and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If a specific sheet doesn't work sometimes I try rotating it 180 degrees and trying from the other side.

Wish it was a little more scientific!

Regards

Brian

pfarrell

thought i'd weigh in on this. first post. found this thread when i ran into the same problem as the OP. NOTHING worked. never had a problem loading paper of any kind since we purchased this printer.

the solution i found after trying everything here was to turn off the "paper size check" and "paper skew check" under menu > paper settings, by default they are on. fired right up...printed with no issues.

i was trying to print to sheets, which i do often... but the problem first presented itself when trying to print to roll on a paper we use all the time...

dunno. annoying...

alajuela

thought i'd weigh in on this. first post. found this thread when i ran into the same problem as the OP. NOTHING worked. never had a problem loading paper of any kind since we purchased this printer.

the solution i found after trying everything here was to turn off the "paper size check" and "paper skew check" under menu > paper settings, by default they are on. fired right up...printed with no issues.

i was trying to print to sheets, which i do often... but the problem first presented itself when trying to print to roll on a paper we use all the time...

dunno. annoying...
Hi

These setting are on the printer? Or are they software settings you are adjusting from the print driver on the computer?

Thanks

Phil

Dan Berg

Its just finicky,at least that is how my 9900 acts up occasionally.
My fix which works 75% of the time is when inserting the print move it left about 1/16" away from the lineup mark. Does the trick for me anyway.