The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Online gallery auto-play without Flash?

gerald.d

Hi all -

I'd like to get a very simple website up and running that auto-cycles through images with subtle fades in and out. It's important that the site would work on mobile devices.

I'm assuming something like this would be possible without having to resort to Flash?

Here's what I'm after - this was created in Lightroom using the "Lightroom Flash Gallery":

Earth Hour

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Kind regards,

Gerald.

PeterL

Very nice images Gerald.

This stuff is very easy if you know a bit of html coding, if not it may be slightly more daunting....

There are many sites with boiler-plate scripts for the html/javascript code that needs to be added to a page. This works without flash of course.

Check out this page:

Dynamic Drive DHTML Scripts- Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.0)

Hope this helps, if you have questions about the code, I may be able to help.

Cheers, -Peter

gerald.d

Many thanks Peter. I've been looking into this for the last couple of days, and have found a very nice little tool/program called "jAlbum" for which there are numerous templates available and which is highly configurable without any coding.

I'll see how I get on with it and report back in a week or two.

Kind regards,

Gerald.