The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kinks in prints

Ben Rubinstein

Hi,

I've got a couple of larger prints with slight kinks in them, the kind of thing you can only see if you hold the print up to the light at a certain angle. These are C prints. Anyone have any advice for getting rid of the kinks?

Thanks!

robertwright

Frame them asap and they will not get any more.

All of the solutions are destructive- drymounting, face-mount, etc.

You could try a drymount press to flatten them but I doubt it would remove a kink.

Very large prints are difficult and this is why you see galleries accepting display prints mounted on aluminium or facemounted on plexi. It makes them handle-able. Not archival but then again Cprints are not always long lived.

Ben Rubinstein

Preparing these for sale, emptying out the drawers of some prints. Only one print that has noticeable kinks, was hoping to be able to offer it for sale.

kdphotography

Since the print is already damaged---you don't have much to lose by mounting it, other than the cost of mounting. I have seen minor "kinks" taken out by the dry mounting process.

ken