The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

epson 7600 not printing true

gerryc

as title says my 7600 isn't printing true colors and im at my wits end. im using photoshop cs3 and canvas roll.

kdphotography

Not sure what the printing issue is here. What do you mean by "true colors?" Print quality compromised in some way?

Nozzle check? Head clean?
Monitor calibrated?
Using correct printer settings and icc profiles? (Make sure not "double profiling")

ken

gerryc

color is very light compared to original
just checked nozzle and it looks good.
monitor calibration ( no idea what this is)
ive downloaded so many iic profiles dunno which is best

Dan Berg

There is only 1 profile per media.
What canvas are you using? Once you know that go to there site and download the profile and then only use that one.
Based on your questions a good primer would be a good start.
Go to Luminous Landscape and buy the "Screen to Print video series.
Several other good ones as well.

Last edited:

gerryc

i upgraded from cs3 to cs6 and it seemed to do the trick still not 100% but im using a matte poly canvas so it prob wont be exactly the same anyway.

run into another problem now black streaks on my canvas when printing lol.

Dan Berg

But it does matter. There is only one profile per media unless you have had any custom profiles made for you .
For most matte canvas it is the manufacturers profile one for that canvas only and then media setting of WCRW..
Is your nozzle check good,as in perfect? Print head calibrated lately?

Last edited:

DigitalSteve

The black streaks are probably caused by bits of canvas dust and threads stuck to the print head or the parts that move across the canvas along with the print head. You will need find a way to clean it off. It may not be black ink per say, but a mixture of all the colors, which also makes it black.

Soft proof you picture in photoshop using the a canvas profile and you will see it looks washed out on the screen. Make adjustments with the canvas soft proofing on, then print he resulting image.

Another thing, isn't matt poly canvas for solvent type printers? If so, it probably won't hold Epson dye or ultrachome aqueous ink and getting the correct canvas could solve most of your trouble.

Last edited: