The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bug workaround for Canon Pro-100 and Lightroom 5.3

bradhusick

There seems to be a bug when printing 4x6 prints (on 4x6 paper) on the Canon Pixma Pro-100 from Lightroom 5.3 on Mac OSX Mavericks. The paper feeds in too far and it only prints half of the last inch.

I was on the phone with Canon yesterday and the workaround is to set the Page Setup for All Printers (not just the Pro-100) to 4x6 paper.

This bug doesn't happen when printing from Photoshop or other apps, so it's something specific to Lightroom and these software versions.

Also check to make sure you have the latest Canon driver and printer firmware from their website.

I hope this saves someone some time.

-Brad

P.S. I just got the Pro-100 and the results are stunningly good so far. My wife loves having 4x6 prints of the family to browse through, so thus the 4x6 issue.

barjohn

I just picked up a new Pro 100 to replace my dying HP B9180. I have to say that I am really impressed. It was a ton of work to get prints that were even close to what was on my screen (color calibrated) with the HP. It is a beast and has lasted a long time (replaced once under warranty) but I was never truly satisfied with the color or B&W. I figured it was my fault in some way for not understanding or properly using profiles. First print out of the Pro 100 and it is a perfect mach to the screen with a color depth that is rich and impressive. The fine detail is phenomenal. Best of all, I only paid $150 for it and it came with 50 sheets of 13"x19" luster paper. I bought it from one of the eBay sellers that are selling printers they got as part of a Canon promotion and rebate program so the bar code is cut out but other than that they are brand new. I was able to register it with Canon, but I figure at $150 I can't lose as replacement ink costs $120.

I have had no issues running on the latest version of LR and OS X 10.10.1 as to 4x6 prints. This thing is big, heavy and appears to be built even better than the HP B9180.