The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

mac, LR and epson 9890 not getting along

faneuil

My mac, LR and friend's epson 9890:

I am printing directly from LR (my preferred workflow as I use a 3880 to proof at home)

For some reason when I send a print job to the 9890 the paper advances, does not print and cuts the paper -- both computer and the printer *think* the job has been successfully executed.

Strangely, smaller images seem to work, but when I send it a 37" x 50" file at 400 dpi, I get this issue.

Any ideas? We've printed together successfully several months ago. This problem just cropped up.

thanks
eric

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Did you get this resolved? Just curious why you are using 400dpi, 360 is a better number since it is the machines native resolution. How much ram is in the host computer? This is symptomatic of too little ram. Try printing it at 360 dpi, maybe even 280.

faneuil

resolved... I bought my own 9890 (!) and am hooking it to a more powerful mac.
Agree- probably was overload of DPI for the laptop mac's ram.

eric