The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recommend top rank B&W master printers

Anodyne

I have posted a similar question to this one regarding printing color images, and this one is specifically for B&W.

I do have some black and white images that I would like printed by a master printer. One who can apply needed photoshop tweaks and then print for me. I shoot medium format film and 35mm full frame digital, focusing mostly on street, candids, and some landscape. I process in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Can you recommend a master black and white printer in the ideally in USA or Canada who is accepting outside work from amateur photographers such as myself?

I am willing to pay well for the talent.

Many thanks.

takomaru

Hi, I am new in here and do not really post. I have been a printer fot 45 years. Currently I am printing a B&W exposition in Bangkok. I am printing on a 50 inch Chromira, with LED's, and using an RC paper manufactured by a German with an Agfa patent, un pearl finish. Developing in Eukobrom, neutral, On my recommendation the photographer testeded 3 very famous labs worldwide and he liked our results best, The Ilford tests in Galerie Digital FB looked very close to inkjets, the reason I chose not to use any Galerie, including the RC, and do not come close to my results. Should you be interested, I could do you some samples, and you can judge by yourself. D-Max is 1.68, someone might give higher numbers, but just look at the tests. Should you want to, send me a message or write me to [email protected] also my prices are real low, compared with anybody, because I run an industrial setup and only work in projects, I am not open to the public. I also print color, but lately only using Metallic VC, due to cosr efficiency.