The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Updating an Epson printer driver on a Mac

cerett

I am attempting to update the driver on my Epson 4900 to the latest version. I can download the new driver from the Epson website and go through the installation process without difficulty. However, when I check the driver version in my system preferences, it is still showing the old driver. I am running OS 10.8.5. Do I have to manually delete the old driver? What am I missing?

cerett

Have you tried restarting your computer?
Mike
I don't recall if I checked the driver version after rebooting. However, I am out of town at the moment and will recheck after I get home. Does updating an Epson driver require that you manually delete the previous driver? I don't recall the need to do this in the past.

Hi Cerett

You are correct in that you must first manually delete the old driver (by uninstalling the printer) and then download the new driver and finally reinstall the printer.

cerett

Hi Cerett

You are correct in that you must first manually delete the old driver (by uninstalling the printer) and then download the new driver and finally reinstall the printer.
Thank you Paul. Is there an application that uninstalls the driver? I did not see it in my Epson folder.