The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HP Z 3200 bought a used one help

dseelig

HP Z 3200 bought a used one help there was ink all over the place both sides of the print path and a lot of ink right meow the print path in a straight line about a foot and a half long. There was also ink in the head area along the walls that are white being the heads is this normal. Was told no it was not . Thoughts? thanks David

dseelig

PS I printed the head test and the gray in E G head had a lot of white lines in it seems different in each print out the side on the E line. there was a couple of broken pieces in two other heads but the prints are okay for now make sense?

jagsiva

I have a Z3100 for a while now. I replaced the print heads a couple of years ago and it still works very well. Print heads are quite cheap and user replaceable, especially compared to the Epsons. You may want to try replacing them. The cost of wasted ink and paper quickly justifies the cost.

Good news is that they are about $60 bucks a piece, bad news, you need 7 for a full set. You can try replacing the ones you are seeing issues on first. Almost as easy as putting in a new ink cartridge, but with the additional step of re-calibration.