The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Trouble Loading Paper Profiles

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I have samples of three papers from Monoprint: Rochester, Rochester Plus, and Rochester Warmton. I have downloaded the ICC profiles from the Monochrom website here:
http://monochrom.com/cc/monoc/shop/mainshow.asp?key=mn&val=SERV&mi=SERV442&menues=SERV&bild=&text=20407599
I have placed them in the correct folder Windows>System32>spool>drivers>color - But they do not show up in the CS3 Print Dialog Box in the Printer Profile drop-down list.

I have also added some other profiles (at the same time) and these show up and work fine so I am pretty sure I have them in the right place.

The files only show up as 1KB when I place them in the directory.

I am on a PC, CS3.

Can someone try to download them and see if they show up for you. Any other thoughts would appreciated as well.

Thanks

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Charles:

If a profile is sent to a PC from a Mac, there are actually TWO files sent, one is large and the other is small, usually a .icm instead of .icc and usually 1KB. You need to ignore the 1KB files and only load the larger ones on your PC. You are using the correct location.

Cheers,