The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need to make mural size print

gurtch

Here on Long Beach Island, NJ, they hold a "Chowder Fest" every October. All the local restaurants compete for best red and white clam chowder. It is outdoors, under giant tents. Each restaurant has their own booth, and they also compete for best decorated booth to suit a "theme" they have every year. It is a really big deal to the merchants who look for bragging rights for the following year. I was asked by a local restaurant where I exhibit my photos to help with the booth. The theme this year is "nautical", which is right down my alley, as that is my specialty in photography. The owners asked if I could make a giant mural, say 6 feet high by 8 feet wide. My Epson 7890 has a max width of 24". Have any of you used a service bureau that can make mural prints that size? Can you recommend anyone? The print will not be mounted or framed; probably just stapled up to the plywood back of the booth. I plan on using a high quality image made with my Pentax 645D, thus the 6'x8' proportions.
Thanks in advance
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ
MODERN PICTORIALS

Leigh

There's an excellent professional lab in Silver Sprint, Maryland.

It's called Dodge-Chrome at www.dodgechrome.com

11941-L Bournefield Way
Silver Spring, MD 20904
Phone 240-247-1815

They can handle any digital raw files that I know of, so they retain all the original quality.

They can make prints large enough to cover the side of a building if you want.

And they still have a real wet lab to do all of my MF, 4x5, 5x7, and 8x10 developing and printing.

- Leigh

Mike Z

Hello Dave,
I have a printmaking studio in Philadelphia.
For this type of Wall mural we usually print the file on a product called photo tex,
Or as we call it wall stickie. We usually print it in 24" or 42" strips and hang it like wall paper. It adheres to just about everything. we have done walls 8 feetx20 feet.
If you like we would be able to print this piece for you or if you want to give it a go on your printer I can give you the suppliers information.

You can contact me at [email protected] or call our studio 215 242 1404.

Mike

gurtch

Hello Dave,
I have a printmaking studio in Philadelphia.
For this type of Wall mural we usually print the file on a product called photo tex,
Or as we call it wall stickie. We usually print it in 24" or 42" strips and hang it like wall paper. It adheres to just about everything. we have done walls 8 feetx20 feet.
If you like we would be able to print this piece for you or if you want to give it a go on your printer I can give you the suppliers information.

You can contact me at [email protected] or call our studio 215 242 1404.

Mike
Thanks folks. Appreciate the info.
Dave