The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

printer du jour?

jlm

Workshop Member
may have to bin my Epson 9900, getting to the point where to do the power cleaning, i have to invest $$ in more ink, with no guarantee the end result will be effective.

looking for something in the 24" wide range this time

several nozzle cleanings and one power clean did the job, now the nozzle patterns are perfect!

still won't let me load a single sheet of 8-1/2 x 11; i select single sheet, at the load paper message, slip the paper in until it rests on the stop (portrait mode), hit the down arrow, paper is advanced, then i get "paper not loaded correctly" error, tried this many times, at various distances from right hand stop, no joy. tried a couple of different papers; prints fine from roll paper.

Last edited:

kdphotography

John,

Sheet feed with the larger Epsons has always been a pita, in my experience. I generally only use rolls. You should be able to get it to feed (after many frustrating attempts) though. I sometimes move the paper ever so slightly away from the guideline or adjust how deep I feed the paper into the feed.

ken

Lars

Is there a setting to disable the paper alignment check on that printer? I think my 3800 has such a setting.
Also worth considering is use cleaning paper perhaps, to get any dust off the feed rolls?

"looking for something in the 24" wide range this time":

I don't think we have a 24" printer du jour right now, because Epson and Canon are both coming out with new and supposedly competitive models. IMO it's a good time to keep the old one running while waiting to see what develops.

I'd been using a wide-format Canon that's also up past its bedtime, so I got an Epson P800 to tide me over. Using mostly the latter. IQ is nice but the interface is godawful compared to simplicity of Canon.

Kirk

jlm

Workshop Member
did speak to epson who suggested turning off "paper size check"

and it now works, loads 8-1/2 x 11 no problem. they also suggested, with wider papers than 8-1/2, that i turn it back on

DougDolde

I bought an HP Z5200 44" wide for $3200. Includes photo spectrometer for easy profiling of any media. Never clogs, leave it on 24/7 and it wakes up several times a day for head maintenance. Great printer !