The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help deciding between Epson or Canon

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Joseph:

Great choice, I'm sure you will enjoy it immensely!

Cheers,

LJL

Joseph,
Congrats on the new printer! I am sure you are going to enjoy it and the prints it produces for you. Are you running it with a RIP, or just using supplied/available profiles for it?

It was your post that got me interested in looking harder at the Canon printers, and I am glad that I did. My earlier posts have me gushing a bit over the new iPF8100, and I do think it is superb also, but my heart remains a bit closer to Epson for lots of reasons. If you can get the 9880 to sing the way you want it to sing, that is all that matters ;-)

Enjoy the new beast, and make it pay for itself with stunning output ;-)

LJ

dseelig

Well I just bought an HP z 3100 after years of and epson 7600. So far I love it glossy or matte, ink a little cheaper then canon no swapping longest life of prints and great blacks.