The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Imprints from Pressure Rollers on Canvas Prints Epson 9880

Paul2660

This has become a major issue for me in the past few months.

I have a 9880. When I print on canvas, either Lexjet Sunset Matte or Glossy or Breathing Color
Chromata White, I will see a pattern of impressions running on the finished print. They are running
the same direction as the running length of the canvas and have to be from the pressure rollers.

I am on my 2nd 9880 and this machine seems to have the problem even worse than my first 9880.

Over time some of the pressure marks seem to fade out, but I have a few prints that I had to trash
as the marks never totally faded out.

My question:
Are other Epson 9880 users seeing this issue on Canvas, and if so what are you doing for it?

As far as I can tell from talking to Epson, there is not a setting to adjust the pressure from the rollers,
as it is controlled by the grey handle above the LCD on the right side of the printer.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell