The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Raw thumbnailer/viewer

Lars

It's interesting to follow the progress of MS' pro photo product team - or lack of progress to be more specific.

I interviewed with the pro photo team in Redmond in May 2006 for a PM position, and got some idea of what they wanted to accomplish. I have to say that they haven't delivered that much. It was a small team then - perhaps 8-10 including management, engineering, PM and staff - but still, the output hasn't exactly been impressive. While there are plenty of third-party apps, you'd expect some things to be built in these days. But perhaps all their efforts have gone into Windows 7.

Godfrey

I rarely see the point of these things.

I do all my photo viewing and management in Lightroom, it's running constantly on my desktop system anyway, so whether the OS allows me to see thumbnails or not is completely irrelevant. I have the Finder in Mac OS X set to purposely NOT show thumbnails of the image file directories as it slows things down.

But I suppose it's useful for someone.

cam

I rarely see the point of these things.

I do all my photo viewing and management in Lightroom, it's running constantly on my desktop system anyway, so whether the OS allows me to see thumbnails or not is completely irrelevant. I have the Finder in Mac OS X set to purposely NOT show thumbnails of the image file directories as it slows things down.

But I suppose it's useful for someone.
i personally like viewing them as thumbnails as there isn't always time to do more than a quick glance. i think it's great that Rafa pointed out a program that can do it on a PC.

did it work, Rafa?

and did you enjoy your lunch? ;)