The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alt Processes (platinum, carbon, bromoil, etc)

JimCollum

From the Metamorphosis series

From Cement Works series

all of the 4:3 aspect ratio (roughly) are 11x14" prints (image size), the pano's are 7x17" image size (using an Eversmart scanner to scan them)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

JimCollum

I've always loved doing cyanotypes. I have a step-by-step tutorial I did a year ago or so on my blog:

http://www.doug-peterson.com/wordpress/2009/01/the-making-of-a-cyanotype/

I actually did this with Stuart Bazerman another forum member. He's a fun guy to have around!

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
haven't done any cyanotypes yet...you have any examples of your work online? would be interested in seeing some here

jim

JimCollum

playing around with a new paper, a Japanese Kozo (lightweight mullberry paper).. as thin as rice paper, only stronger. The results are a very delicate, translucent print that takes on the 'tone' of whatever it's mounted on.

Here's the first try on the paper... i think it'll need double coating, since the paper soaks it up like a sponge

Homey

Wow Jim that is a fabulous process.

I came on here today to ask about a copper metallic printing my Art Rep asked for and I see this. This could be more of what I am looking for. This process is almost exactly what I am looking for.

Now my problem is where could I get something like that done and at what cost?

I have all my darkroom left, collecting dust, in my basement. But I have no chemicals or paper left. It is all gone. I also have no large inkjet printers left. They are all worn out and I threw 6 Epson's away a few months ago.
I also do not think I could pull a process off like this today if I had everything I needed here so I should hire this out.

Thanks for all this great work in this post and special thanks to anyone who could direct me in the direction I should look.

Steven

JimCollum

Platinum workflow finally back up and running after a hiatus!

Cesium Palladium Ziatype, from digital negative

IR Sunflowers

bensonga

Beautiful image Jim. I imagine the print is even more so. Will you be offering this print for sale in the Gallery Members Print F/S section?

Gary

JimCollum

hmm. i'm not sure what happened with the image link (it was to one of my images in the gallery.

I have offered prints of this up for sale at

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/galle...nflowers-i-platinum-palladium-print-sale.html

Each print is hand coated, and processed. It's hard to convey the feel of a platinum print on the web.. but there's good reason that it's considered one of the most beautiful processes

the final print, mounted & matted will look like (with slight variations in tone and contrast, since it is a one print at a time process)

JimCollum

Are you interested in taking work at all Jim?
I'd be more comfortable taking it after the beginning of the year.. I have surgery (spinal fusion) at the beginning of November, and that will immobilize me for at least a month.

I'm definitely interested in printing your work.. I love they way your series looks in platinum