The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HM - Bamboo290

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Greetings,

Anyone else here using Hahnemuehle Bamboo 290?

I experienced my first day of printing on that media and I am delighted!

What I am still pondering about is the best practise/solution for "mercerizing", in lack of a better word, the prints before matting.

There are plenty of liquids available, but you could easily spend a month testing them all.

Currently I use the original hahnemuehle coating, which is only available in spray cans, something I am talking to HM about at the moment. A bucket at lower costs, to be rolled on would be a better solution in my view.

So, what do you use? How many coats do you apply?

I found up to three coats are beneficial, more than three are probably not needed, five would be a maximum I can see as reasonable depending on the size.

MoJo

Registred Users
Hi Georg:
I have just in the last few months printed 2 whole large and 1 small Ireland -"Arainn" portfolio in the bamboo...It is fantastic paper for BW to get a Platimum -Palladium look, soft and large tonal scale.....very warm. I used the Hahnemuhle in the Spray Can, and sprayed each print 2 or 3 times. Dat's all!
-Josef