The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Website test request again

R

Ranger 9

Hello again --

If you've got a spare minute, please hit my website address

http://ranger9.net

and let me know if you encounter any photo-display glitches. The slideshow plug-in I'm using seems a bit flakey, so I'm curious to know how it works on a variety of operating systems and browsers. Thanks!

Background:

After seeing the new Photocrati portfolio-website themes for Wordpress, I decided I liked their idea of using Wordpress for the whole thing, for better integration between the portfolio content and the blog content. (Currently I use Wordpress for the blog and Imagevue for the portfolio.)

In fact, I was tempted to just buy a license for one of the Photocrati themes... but then I thought, "Geez, I'm a graphic designer, I really ought to do this myself..." Besides, I didn't want to have too abrupt a transition from the site's previous graphic appearance, so this way I can ease into a different look if desired.

I haven't moved all the content yet, and some of the page designs aren't final -- don't want to invest a lot of effort until I know how well the slideshow plug-in performs.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hello Ranger9

Windows XP
All seems to work fine in Firefox 3.0.12
In the latest Safari all seems fine except fullscreen mode does not work for the slideshows

In both browsers, the Late-Night Drag Racing gallery does not have the "control bar" to advance the images (perhaps by design). Also, the info text does not seem to function properly in this gallery.

Nice images!

R

Ranger 9

Thanks, CMB, for the report!

The control-bar feature is built into the slideshow plug-in (NextGen Gallery) and seems to be a bit touchy -- sometimes it won't appear or disappear when it's supposed to, fullscreen and pause aren't always reliable, etc. I don't know whether a simpler theme would help, or if it's just the way the plug-in is coded. Oh, well, I've always said the unofficial motto of the Internet is "Sometimes the magic doesn't work"!

Thanks again...