The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

What this guy from Armenia did was very dangerous! I had to act quickly, so the sea is sharp instead of the quy :p

benroy

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun With Sony _____

7:30 AM this morning, the Rooms to Go furniture truck pulls up in front of my neighbor's house. Took the Minolta 28-35 and Sony a77II, shooting jpeg...nice and sharp...very pleasing 11x17s...no hint of noise...RAW not available yet for Photoshop 6.

Last edited:

pegelli

Nice and crisp pictures benroy. That's why they probably call the 28-135 the "secret handshake". I've never had one but used it from others. The only thing I don't like about the lens is the long MFD but the rendering it delivers is very nice (as shown in your examples).

f/otographer

Werner, Taste of Summer is beautiful. Both of them. This type of photography is near and dear to my heart. Excellent examples sir, well done.

Slingers

Here are my unsuccessful attempts at trying to get my son to co-operate, he kept moving away from the light. I still like the end result though. All with NEX 7 and Zeiss Sonnar FE 55/1.8

f/otographer

I took my little girl to a nature preserve for a picnic and a walk about. I brought the A7 with some Yashica ML's and the Zeiss Biotar 58/2, my 1959 model in M42 mount. The ML's never got a chance that day as the Zeiss just stayed on the camera. All shots from the Biotar, the butterfly shot from while it was mounted on an extension tube.

We had a great day and little Chloe was absolutely pooped when we got home. She actually fell asleep in the car on the way back. Hope you enjoy.

a whisper

chloe in the sky with diamonds

listening to the world

chloe parries in seconde

little girl on bridge

taking a rest beside the trail

Die ant....DIE!!

f/otographer

And a little earlier in the week we took another trip to Fairy Tale Town where Chloe loves to run around and play. On that trip I thought I would try out a Konica Hexanon AR 28/3.5 I have had laying about for a while. Overall I have mixed feelings about the lens. It performed OK, but nothing incredibly special. A bit more CA then I am used to seeing. A solid, but not spectacular lens. After some research a while back I discovered that it is probably the least capable of all the Hexanon 28's. But in a pinch it can still take decent shots, albiet with a lower keeper rate. Thus my higher then average number of 'no focus' style shots.

Please forgive all the Chloe pictures. She has the majority of my photographic (and of course, fatherly) attention right now. :)

the fisherman's net

not every path in life is so clearly marked

a moment in time

Wheeeeee!

her little shoes

emerging from the time tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.