The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zensorial

Uaiomex

Guys: I'm opening a show tomorrow evening. I used a Canon 5DMkII with a 70-200 f2.8IS and a EF17-40 (mainly). In order to achieve long exposures I used a Kodak gel ND for +10 stops exps. It will run from tomorrow for one month at Merida's finest galley. I wish to share with you. Thanks for watching
Eduardo
View attachment 24187

View attachment 24181

View attachment 24182

View attachment 24185

View attachment 24186

View attachment 24188

View attachment 24184

View attachment 24189

View attachment 24183

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Eduardo

Thank you for showing these images . A really nice work .
Good luck for the exhibition .
What size do the images have when framed ? ? ?

Coastal scenes like the ones on your images are rare in Europe .
I can only think of France , South of England and Portugal .
All places are more than 1600 km away from my place .
Therefore I do envy you .

Best regards Jürgen

Uaiomex

First, thanks everybody for your kind comments.
The print sizes are 22"X22" and 22X33" for the regtangulars. At that size they were about 170 dpi. I resized them to 360 using Fractals 5.0. Imho, they look sharp and very artifact free. I had a little problem with banding in the shadows but it was mainly my fault because some of them were underexposed, but nothing that I couldn't fix in post.
Thanks for visiting
Eduardo

Eduardo

Thank you for showing these images . A really nice work .
Good luck for the exhibition .
What size do the images have when framed ? ? ?

Coastal scenes like the ones on your images are rare in Europe .
I can only think of France , South of England and Portugal .
All places are more than 1600 km away from my place .
Therefore I do envy you .

Best regards Jürgen

J

JohnW

Eduardo,

Congrats and good luck with the show. The photos look wonderful.

Can you share more about the filters and holder you use? I tried the same with two 4-stop Hi Tech NDs in a Cokin mount, but the color shifts so badly. Appreciate a link to what you are using. Thanks.

John

Uaiomex

I used a Kodak Wratten gel in unison with a Lee "clam-like" filter holder. This holder has a rubberband to attach it to any lens up to 82mm filter. This holder is terrible with lenses like the Canon 17-40 because it holds onto the lens right on the focusing ring. Bad, bad, bad! On the 70-200 this thing doesn't occur. The Kodak gel has a heavy brownish shift. I didn't care much because I was converting to b&w.
My advice? Don't buy any of these unless you have too. My criteria for the Kodak gel was because I could fit it on a 82mm filter lens. A lens I still don't own!!!. The filter is slightly scratched despite I took all precautions. - The Lee filter holder is a gigantic pain in the butt if used with a lens like the Canon 17-40. For my next project, due next year, I will purchase a ND glass B&W filer or similar for this kind of work. I hope some fine glass filter manufacturer comes with an 8, 9 or 10+ stops ND 82mm filter before I commence the project.
Best
Eduardo

Eduardo,

Congrats and good luck with the show. The photos look wonderful.

Can you share more about the filters and holder you use? I tried the same with two 4-stop Hi Tech NDs in a Cokin mount, but the color shifts so badly. Appreciate a link to what you are using. Thanks.

John