The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

gerald.d

Lovely image,

But are you not a bit to much focused on gear? Profoto has great gear, which offers great convenience. But, do you really think that the photons coming from Profoto are any better than the photons of my Elinchrome DLite 400 made in India?

Great images, like the one you posted, may depend far more on knowledge, experience and hard work than making use of the most expensive and professional gear.

Best regards
Erik
Last time I checked, Profoto was nowhere near the most expensive gear. And of the range they sell, the D1's that I have are amongst the cheapest lights that they do.

Frankly, I have zero interest whatsoever in comparing my choice to your Elinchromes.

This thread is - or was - about images.

Seriously. Step away from the keyboard and recognize that you're confusing me with someone who values your opinion.

photo570

Last time I checked, Profoto was nowhere near the most expensive gear. And of the range they sell, the D1's that I have are amongst the cheapest lights that they do.

Frankly, I have zero interest whatsoever in comparing my choice to your Elinchromes.

This thread is - or was - about images.

Seriously. Step away from the keyboard and recognize that you're confusing me with someone who values your opinion.
Absolutely Awesome!!!!:ROTFL:

vjbelle

Just back from Italy giving my Actus and 3100 a first real workout. Everything worked wonderfully and the system is fairly light. This image was shot with the Schneider 180mm shifted 10mm left and right and cropped slightly to 16X9. The lens itself is tack sharp left to right and edge to edge but focusing is VERY critical. I used ES for every shot I took while in Italy and would not live without it. I never tire of this view and thought it looked well in BW. I used one of the presets in C1 for BW and just a little PS after that.

Victor

Attachments

vjbelle

An iconic image from Tuscany. I have shot this every time I have been there with mixed results. The sun was over my left shoulder as can be seen from the shadows but overall it would have been better if it had been taken in spring. But.... I was here in fall so this is what I got. Actus, 120mm Digitar, 3100. Slight rise.... Montalcino in the background. BW was the best option for me but in spring this would have been best in color.

Victor

Attachments

Last edited:

Pemihan

On our property we have a very old oak tree, judging from the trunk it is about 250 years old...!
This is shot from our deck, as you can see I have a lot of wood I need to cut up for fire wood, not that we need it but it is nice to be able to make a cosy fire in the winter time. The property we bought had been uninhabited for 12-15 years, so I had to cut down a lot of trees to clear the lot for our new house (and also tear down the old house that were there)

Cambo WRS, IQ180, 32HR - three image stitch.

The huge trunk of the oak.

Cambo WRS, IQ180, 40HR.

vjbelle

I alway shoot St. Johann Church when I'm at the Dolomites. There are a multitude of ways to shoot this scene but I have always liked a slighter tighter composition. Doesn't matter if the weather is good or bad..... Combination of some post perspective and 10mm rise, 120mm Digitar, Actus, Phase 3100. I limit my movements to 10mm which is the reason that the image also required some perspective correction in PS.

Victor

Attachments

JeRuFo

Jedediah Smith SP Nov 2016

Alpa STC 50mm HR-W f11 w about 5-10mm rear fall IQ1 100
Very nice work. Love all the greens.
I would have preferred to see the whole tree on the left maybe. I feel that would make the image a bit more tranquil. But I wasn't there and don't know what was just beyond the edge of the frame.

That kind of scene seems to be where that sensor really shines. The Portra 160 of sensors. Lots of nuance and detail everywhere.

rayyen

蛇王の滝
Nikko, Japan

Camera: ALPA 12STC
Back: Phase One IQ260
Lens: Schneider APO-Digitar 210
F11, 1/8s, iso50

rayyen

英国大使館別荘記念公園

Camera: ALPA 12STC
Back: Phase One IQ260
Lens: Alpagon HR40