The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annna T

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

I like it with the trees. It does not block anything, but adds a new level.
I forgot to answer to that part yesterday .. I like the trees too, but I wish I were one or two floors higher, so they wouldn't stand so near of the castles. I climbed on a chair, but it didn't help a lot..
Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Annna T

Many thanks to those who answered to my question, here or at Flickrs. In fact I do also prefer the first one, which in fact I took after the second picture shown here. But I asked because I find that the foreground and the oak fruits look better in this one and also the way the well lighted part of the picture follows a clearer path. But you confirmed my choice. Thank again to all who took the time to answer.

Annna T

Annna, for me also the first one, feels less cramped vs. the other one and I agree with Graham's point about the out of focus tree.

All the best with your mother, I can certainly relate what you are going through.
I lost my mother two years ago and she was very much looking forward to my planned retirement (which was postponed month after month because the company didn't have a successor ready). In the end she went into a coma on Friday, on Saturday I was told I could finally retire and on Monday she passed. Those were the most crazy and mixed emotion four days of my life. I hope you have more peace and quiet to help your mother through the last phase of her life.
Pieter,

Thank you for your encouraging words. I'm sorry to hear how things went with your mother. I had the joy to retire while she was still doing rather well. We spent two nice summers up in the mountains together and she enjoyed both the wonderful view with had from our balcony and the daily walks along the "bisses". Last year was already more complicated and this year she had entered in a geriatric home, so I didn't rent a holiday flat. Yes, it is a hard time when we loose or are near of loosing our parents. It puts us in front of human finitude, that of our parents as well as our own.

Annna T

For this evening I'll share two pictures taken at the extreme border of the rest area along the highway. It is clear that this point was chosen for the tourists, the view on the vineyards and the mountains is great. But the main valley is very narrow and has to accommodate many traffic flows : the highway, the railroad, the main regional road, several high voltage lines for the exportation of electricity. Plus what goes underground, like the natural gaz pipeline. Add to those physical barriers the natural one of the river Rhône and you'll see that the region is a puzzle for engineers. Here a view of how that is impacting the landscape :

A7rm2 and FE 24-70mm F4

Aire de repos A9, Ardon - 20160922_137a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Bugleone

.....is the ladder for train rescue or for servicing the overhead wiring?

The Ute

A hike along the volcanic cliffs above the Virgin River a few miles from home.
A7RII/ Zony 55mm 1.8

The Ute

"I just finished lunch"
A rare shot of the endangered Desert Tortoise.
A7RII/Zony 55mm 1.8

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Thanks. Much appreciated.
I live in a small town in Southern Utah about 25 miles from Zion NP.
Thanks The Ute. That's a very beautiful area.
I have visited the Grande Canyon - both rims, Zion, and Bryce several times, with and without snow. Your backyard is simply amazing.

But I really can't complain either here in the "Land of Enchstment". :thumbs:

nsng

Silhouette and Shadows. A7R2 w/FE55

Captured this image of presumably, mother and child playing on the beach in Bali.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Very little rain the last few weeks, so the water level in nature reserve Kooldries (Brecht, Belgium) is dropping

A6000 + Industar 61 (53/2.8)

The Ute

Thanks The Ute. That's a very beautiful area.
I have visited the Grande Canyon - both rims, Zion, and Bryce several times, with and without snow. Your backyard is simply amazing.

But I really can't complain either here in the "Land of Enchstment". :thumbs:
Nor should you in my opinion K-H.
We lived in the Albuquerque area for 7 years.
Loved it and thoroughly enjoyed it.
It compares favorably in natural beauty to where I am now.
In some ways the two places are very similar.

The Ute

Couple more from the volcano cliffs area.
A7RII/Zony 55mm 1.8

dchew

Haven't used the Sony in a bit, but drove out from Chicago to Denver with my brother through SD. Stayed in Spearfish. Some images from an early morning hike to Roughlock Falls. First image is the Leica AA 50. Other three are the 90 APO Summicron. I really liked the soft reflected indirect light in the canyon.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.