The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX suddenly taken off B&H website

algrove

Every day for weeks I have been checking my wish list to see if by chance B&H would take pre-orders before pricing announced. They never had but I tried to no avail.

Now today I go to my same wish list and the GFX body is removed but not the lenses. I called and got some guy who didn't even know what a GFX was and said it must not be on the website because of no ETA. Stupid comment to say the least since their site showed the GFX for weeks and weeks with no ETA but a description.

So I am planning on other sources for the GFX who might take orders for it next week on the 19th.

M

mjr

My dealer told me today that announcement on pricing and availability is expected next week for the GFX, he didn't say what day but I expect he's correct. I will hopefully get a demo when they are available.

Mat

algrove

Announcement is due out on the 19th-next Thursday and that's why it's all the more strange for B&H to remove it altogether from their website when it has been on the site for over a month or more.

D&A

Announcement is due out on the 19th-next Thursday and that's why it's all the more strange for B&H to remove it altogether from their website when it has been on the site for over a month or more.

In recent years I've seen this exact same thing happen before on B&H's website with highly anticipated items. The item is at first on B&H's website when it's not known when preorders or a release date is known....then it's removed, and shortly or on the date when it can be preordered (or ordered), it's listed again. It may be B&H is preparing the updated info that will be posted and reading itself for posting and ordering. Again no way to tell if that's the case this time around but it has been the case before.

Of course it could have been removed when they learned the item will no longer be produced or available.... :) (Just kidding!)

Dave (D&A).

Oren Grad

I wouldn't read anything into it, at least not yet. B&H's catalog and inventory management system is very effective on the whole, but has its quirks and hiccups.

A few months back B&H had a listing for the then-forthcoming Fuji Instax Monochrome film. I signed up to be notified when it was in stock. One day I got an email telling me the product had been discontinued - before it had ever shipped! But within a few days there was a new listing, under a new catalog number. I signed up again for notification of stock status. A few weeks later I received an email that the product was in stock and was able to place an order that was filled immediately.

tjv

NZD price is $10999 including tax for body only.

I wouldn't read anything into it, at least not yet. B&H's catalog and inventory management system is very effective on the whole, but has its quirks and hiccups.

A few months back B&H had a listing for the then-forthcoming Fuji Instax Monochrome film. I signed up to be notified when it was in stock. One day I got an email telling me the product had been discontinued - before it had ever shipped! But within a few days there was a new listing, under a new catalog number. I signed up again for notification of stock status. A few weeks later I received an email that the product was in stock and was able to place an order that was filled immediately.

algrove

The baffling thing about it all is that they still list all 6 lenses on their site which were in the same state (only initial data without pricing) as the body which was the only item out of 7 items taken off their website regarding GFX gear.

D&A

The baffling thing about it all is that they still list all 6 lenses on their site which were in the same state (only initial data without pricing) as the body which was the only item out of 7 items taken off their website regarding GFX gear.
Just a guess but as I mentioned in my previous post, they are simply revamping the GFX listing and possobly thr latest facts/features/pricing etc. and will repost it either before or on the date that preordering can begin.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Satrycon

thought id post this here as well

prices in Yen >

GFX 50S:804,060円
GF63mmF2.8 R WR:193,860円
GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR:291,060円
GF120mmF4 R LM OIS WR Macro:339,660円
Hマウントアダプター:80,460円
VG-GFX1(バッテリーグリップ):75,060円
EVF-TL1(EVFチルトアダプター):69,660円
NP-T125(バッテリー):15,012円
BC-T125(バッテリーチャージャー):9,936円
AC-15V(ACアダプター):12,420円

sizes > http://photosku.com/archives/2296/

algrove

thought id post this here as well

prices in Yen >

GFX 50S:804,060円
GF63mmF2.8 R WR:193,860円
GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR:291,060円
GF120mmF4 R LM OIS WR Macro:339,660円
Hマウントアダプター:80,460円
VG-GFX1(バッテリーグリップ):75,060円
EVF-TL1(EVFチルトアダプター):69,660円
NP-T125(バッテリー):15,012円
BC-T125(バッテリーチャージャー):9,936円
AC-15V(ACアダプター):12,420円

sizes > http://photosku.com/archives/2296/
All prices higher than I would have expected such as body US$6995.

Thanks but have no idea what the last 6 items are. I can guess at the Battery (NP-... and looks expensive too @+-US$130) and perhaps BC as battery charger and AC as ac adapter?. EVF -TL1 could be the tiltable EVF.

H? VG-GFX1?

Satrycon

these are prices in Japan..

wonder if H mount = Hasselblad lens Mount ?

H mount adapter: 80,460 yen
VG – GFX 1 (battery grip): 75,060 yen
EVF – TL 1 (EVF tilt adapter): 69,660 yen
NP – T 125 (battery): 15,012 yen
BC – T 125 (battery charger): 9,936 yen
AC – 15 V (AC adapter): 12,420 yen

perhaps prices will be different elsewhere due to trade agreements etc ?

Thanks but have no idea what the last 6 items are. I can guess at the Battery (NP-... and looks expensive too @+-US$130) and perhaps BC as battery charger and AC as ac adapter?. EVF -TL1 could be the tiltable EVF.

H? VG-GFX1?

Jan

H? VG-GFX1?
H = Hasselblad adapter, is announced so possible (700 USD - not sure if that is a realistic price but for MF, would not surprise me)
VG = Vertical Grip

Chris Giles

H = Hasselblad adapter, is announced so possible (700 USD - not sure if that is a realistic price but for MF, would not surprise me)
VG = Vertical Grip
That is a lot of money. Although I expect a lot of third party adaptors. If you can adapt LS lenses you should be able to adapt pretty much every MF lens ever made?

And that, if true, will be phenomenal. I'm really excited about this cam. It might even be I can fit my Canon glass on it, cropped images are fine with me.