The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX suddenly taken off B&H website

Satrycon

H adapter for leica S is $1700..so $700 doesn't sound too bad ;)

That is a lot of money. Although I expect a lot of third party adaptors. If you can adapt LS lenses you should be able to adapt pretty much every MF lens ever made?

And that, if true, will be phenomenal. I'm really excited about this cam. It might even be I can fit my Canon glass on it, cropped images are fine with me.

algrove

Anyone know the lens conversion factor for HB H lenses mounted on the GFX via adapter? Graham,you are the mathematician here.

Satrycon

seems the prices will be 10% lower than the list price

http://digicame-info.com/2017/01/post-882.html

these are prices in Japan..

wonder if H mount = Hasselblad lens Mount ?

H mount adapter: 80,460 yen
VG – GFX 1 (battery grip): 75,060 yen
EVF – TL 1 (EVF tilt adapter): 69,660 yen
NP – T 125 (battery): 15,012 yen
BC – T 125 (battery charger): 9,936 yen
AC – 15 V (AC adapter): 12,420 yen

perhaps prices will be different elsewhere due to trade agreements etc ?

miska

Now wouldn't it be "funny" if the GFX worked better (for example AF-wise) with Hassi H lenses, than the X1D ?
At Kina, the Hasselblad guys were not sure how well the AF would work on the X1D+Hassi H, when the adapter eventually comes out.

Just a thought... :grin:

algrove

I understand Fuji makes the H series lenses so they sure should know how to optimize them for AF on their GFX

drevil

Staff member
with availability towards end of February i guess more people will be owners of gfx cameras by mid march than hasselblad X1Ds

Last edited:

malmac

Interesting camera - I think a bit like the approach taken by Pentax - a 50Mp sensor with lots of functions common to DSLRs.

When either of these cameras come out with a 100+MP sensor and a decent range of lenses - the cat will be among the Pidegons.

Mal

Paul2660

And priced to sell. Hopefully Fuji did a bit more homework on the thing called good supply pipeline = happy customers.

$8994.00 for Camera, zoom, and spare battery. With both EFC and ES shutter options. And they said it couldn't be done with the 50MP Sony chip. I guess fuji did not listen.

Paul Caldwell

Last edited:

algrove

I think the H adapter let's you change aperture on body and shoot using the camera shutter button but no AF.
The no AF is a bit of a disappointment. They certainly could do it as Leica has managed to make AF work on the S. OK the adapter is $1700 instead of $700, but I for one would pay a bit more for the AF feature to work. Is a FW update possible?

V

Vivek

The no AF is a bit of a disappointment. They certainly could do it as Leica has managed to make AF work on the S. OK the adapter is $1700 instead of $700, but I for one would pay a bit more for the AF feature to work. Is a FW update possible?
Wait! Are you saying that the S
Lenses AF on the SL while they had problem on the S?

Sounds like the Techart adapter! :clap:

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

Leica S is a DSLR that is it has PDAF. The Sony sensor has no PDAF, so Fuji needs to have CDAF and CDAF needs to have lenses that can do focus adjustments very fast.

Sony and other vendors do implement PDAF on later generation sensors, but the technology used in DSLRs is still a bit faster.

Best regards
Erik

Hauxon

I agree especially since the Hasselbald H system was a joint effort between Hasselblad and Fujifilm.

V

Vivek

Hi,

Leica S is a DSLR that is it has PDAF. The Sony sensor has no PDAF, so Fuji needs to have CDAF and CDAF needs to have lenses that can do focus adjustments very fast.

Sony and other vendors do implement PDAF on later generation sensors, but the technology used in DSLRs is still a bit faster.

Best regards
Erik
PDAF (S) lenses can AF on CDAF SL body via the Leica adapter.