The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mobile device browsing enhancement for GetDPI

Tim

Hi All,

One other photography related forum that I regularly visit has implemented Tapatalk for viewing their forum on mobile devices (I do spend most my time here though!) :angel:
With Tapatalk there are clients for iPads, iPhones and Android devices and it formats the pages in a very readable easy to navigate format for each device.
Is there anything like this already implemented for the main forum apart from say the RSS for the B&S forum?

Note, that I have no commercial interest in Tapatalk, I am only a user and I'd strongly suggest research on other mobile device forum rendering software's out there before settling on one.
However they do have a vBulletin plugin and Tapatalk app does cost each user a few $$, but IMHO its well worth it. What it needs to operate is the vBulletin plugin at the server back-end.

I find the formatting that is performed by a such mobile app enables easy quick browsing and I find such apps valuable when at the doctors office awaiting an appointment and the like. You can have a quick scan of whats happening and recent posts on GetDPI. The order of posts can be adapted to your browsing style.

Could such an enhancement to GetDPI be considered?

:watch:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

One other photography related forum that I regularly visit has implemented Tapatalk for viewing their forum on mobile devices (I do spend most my time here though!) :angel:
With Tapatalk there are clients for iPads, iPhones and Android devices and it formats the pages in a very readable easy to navigate format for each device.
Is there anything like this already implemented for the main forum apart from say the RSS for the B&S forum?

Note, that I have no commercial interest in Tapatalk, I am only a user and I'd strongly suggest research on other mobile device forum rendering software's out there before settling on one.
However they do have a vBulletin plugin and Tapatalk app does cost each user a few $$, but IMHO its well worth it. What it needs to operate is the vBulletin plugin at the server back-end.

I find the formatting that is performed by a such mobile app enables easy quick browsing and I find such apps valuable when at the doctors office awaiting an appointment and the like. You can have a quick scan of whats happening and recent posts on GetDPI. The order of posts can be adapted to your browsing style.

Could such an enhancement to GetDPI be considered?

:watch:
I am considering.....:)
-bob

Tim

Just trying it out on a 10" iPad. Works well. I will try Android tomorrow.
Thanks for installing it Bob. :salute: :thumbs:
Hope there are no issues causing you any work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: