The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The "Old" B&S is now back by popular demand!

menos

This is fantastic, I just now found out as my old quick link to the (now gone) new B&S died today.

I much preferred the B&S in forum format, now back - feels a lot more personal, is much easier to figure out and much more transparent when questions and additional info is helping to add to the actual ad which was for me the biggest question mark with the new format.

Thanks for bringing this back.
Re. donations and covering costs - I do not see at all why the classifieds should not be bound to a reasonable fee, as other classifieds are run with.

To maintain and offer this classified section does cost real money, why not cover it by the classifieds themselves?

There could be a threshold for low cost items and from a certain sales turnover up, a reasonable fee could be charged, paid even through the donations channel.

A classifieds ad finished and paid for could get a nice stamp from one of the mods, automatically moving it into another section of the classifieds, showing that the item is sold and seller or buyer have contributed if applicable.
This could potentially also weed out those zombie adds, around and unresolved for years.
The finished classifieds section should retain all full forum functions, even letting third parties post in the threads, asking questions, … (very helpful sometimes with rare items, difficult to get a hold on info, …).

Knorp

Now the Old B&S is back (which is fine), I wish there's a way to switch it off by selective filtering when viewing the New Posts.

Well, actually I do find the BS posts rather annoying ...
Especially as I like to keep free as long as possible from G.A.S. :rolleyes:
I'd say: bring back the New B&S ! Whaddaya think ?

TIA

Kind regards.