The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Puzzled..

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I'm puzzled by the deterioration in sharpness when I post images. Scenes at 1200 pixels which are sharp on my Mac Retina look unsharp when I post them.

What am I doing wrong?

Here is an example.... it is crystal sharp on my Mac Pro or my Retina but not great here.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I have the same problem, but I wonder it has something to do with the Retina monitor and how the web browser handles it. The images also come out large than when I open them in Photoshop, so there must be some processing going on.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It's a problem with our current forum software, it isn't "retina aware" and thus images render poorly when viewed on them -- they get simply upsized by a factor of 4x in the browser to render stated size on the retina display. We are working diligently on finding a viable alternative that will render well on retina and conventional displays.