The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Beware, hackers again...

emr

It seems that hackers are again trying to get access to user accounts here. I just got an automatic email telling that my user account has been tried to log in and failed for five times from ip address 180.183.236.8 which seems to be an ISP in Thailand. Luckily I have a strong, long and completely random password.

Has the administration considered using a two step login confirmation of some sort?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
We are blocking ip addresses at a low level for those who try this. We get the same notification of invalid login attempts so it is not that hard to follow-up on them. I have considered multi-factor authentication however conversion to vBulletin 4 is top of my current list as well as moving the site to a new server.
If a good password is used, I would not worry too much. Looking at the logs, it seems that they are trying pretty simple dictionary attacks. The five try then lockout is also discouraging them too since I have not yet seen second attempts at the same userid in a short period of time.
-bob

erudolph

I'm not sure what's going on, but the other day I received a spam in a private message and this evening I noticed that I had 1016 notifications.

Thorkil

It seems I can't upload for my Gallery. "Page not found" it says when Submit-button is clicked.
Is it because of maintenance?
best Thorkil

Last edited: