The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Turning off "like" emails?

M

mjr

Afternoon

I'm sure this is straight forward but can't find which box to uncheck to stop the emails informing me of new likes, anyone know?

Thanks

Mat

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
in the user control panel "User CP"
there is a selection on the lower left named "DBTech - Post Thanks"
under that "settings.
go there
in the upper panel named "Notification Setting" you may set them as you wish
-bob

Godfrey

Actually, I'd like to thank you for putting in the email notification on "Likes". I consider a "Like" the same as a comment, it's nice to be notified when someone has commented on a photo I post.

G

V

Vivek

in the user control panel "User CP"
there is a selection on the lower left named "DBTech - Post Thanks"
under that "settings.
go there
in the upper panel named "Notification Setting" you may set them as you wish
-bob
Thanks! Turned all of them off. :)

mbroomfield

Hi Bob, is there a way to set the thanks/like stats to off by default (the list that appears under the user name and icon for every post). I see that it can be turned off with the small chevron, but I'd prefer it to be off by default and I couldn't find a way to do that in the Control Panel. It takes up too much room (expands the reply) for simple 1-2 line replies to my mind and means more scrolling...

Thanks

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bob, is there a way to set the thanks/like stats to off by default (the list that appears under the user name and icon for every post). I see that it can be turned off with the small chevron, but I'd prefer it to be off by default and I couldn't find a way to do that in the Control Panel. It takes up too much room (expands the reply) for simple 1-2 line replies to my mind and means more scrolling...

Thanks
sure, in your user control panel in the DBTech Post/Thanks settings section in the lower section about PostBit statistics
View attachment 87664
-bob

mbroomfield

I don't recall and yes, it's off in all your posts in this thread, but the posts by mjr and Godrey above are still showing the stats, as are other posts in other threads. Does it only work on new posts?

Thanks